Welcome to the dream world where all your wildest fantasies come true. Good guys win and the bad guys always seem to get what is coming to them. Is this fantasy life good for the youth of the world? Disney provides a wonderful fantasy world as well as helps spark the imagination in children that is so heartwarming to witness. But is this fantasy world a dirty one? Let’s look at one of many clips from the world of Disney. In The Little Mermaid, Ariel is getting married to her dream man and was willing to give up her beautiful voice to get that. The priest that is marrying her in this movie gets an erection when he says “Dearly beloved.” Now when I watched this movie as a kid, I never noticed this and never knew to even look for this. I do believe that these controversial adult things should never be in “children movies.” I also believe that even though these things are in these movies that they are still good for the kids to watch because it does help them spark their imagination which I believe is key for a child’s development. As an adult now I really do not look at Disney as a bad company because I feel the things they do will really never be picked up by the kids. I will still buy Disney movies as well as toys and clothes for my child. I understand this should not have a place in the innocent kids’ lives but if they don’t know to even notice something like that is it really all that bad?
No comments:
Post a Comment