Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Band-Aid

This is going to be a follow up post to  my last one.  Pretty much just my thoughts but the information is out there for you all to look up if you wanted to.  Basically I had my rant on here last week about Obama taking money away not only from veterans but from current soldiers overseas.  This upset me beyond belief.  Many of you may think I am crazy but when I was asked by a friend to describe my time in Iraq in one word, I said "Fun."  I am not sure what you all are thinking when I say that but it was.  My company was awesome, we did what we had to do, not only to get the job done but to have fun doing it.  We had to be over there so why not make the best of it.  Yes it sucked, it was extremely hot, wet, dry, smelled really bad and even cold.  Yes it does get cold in Iraq.  I had bombs blow up very close to where I was sleeping, IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) stare me in the face and even rockets fly over head that sounded like they were going to hit me in the back of the head.  All and all I had fun.  Regardless if I had fun or not, every solider is different and everyone has had the same experience as I did.  It was scary as well, I just feel it is wrong to take money away from them when they have no real choice to be there or not.  Yes, they signed up knowing they would be going overseas at some point but pay them for their sacrifices.  Also the money I almost wasn't going to get pays my bills and I count on that money every month to live.  The government did fix the problem temporarily by raising the debt ceiling.  Something I am glad they did because I do not have to live under a bridge now, but this has happened before and the same issue will arise again until the figure out a way to fix the problem not just prolong the inevitable.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you when you say it was fun. I think that's the only way to look at it, if you are over there, then why not have fun doing it. Nobody wants to be miserable.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always bring an authenticity to your writing. The problem is copy editing. At a point per error, they really add up.

    Dr C

    "This is going to be a follow up post to my last one (post?). Pretty much just my thoughts (missing comma & fragment) but the information is out there for you all to look up (comma) if you wanted to. Basically (comma) I had my rant on here last week about Obama taking money away (comma) not only from veterans (comma) but from current soldiers overseas.

    ReplyDelete